Thursday, April 19, 2012

Long Lunches


A few months ago, I took Weston out to lunch for a Long Lunch. It was something the middle school was encouraging parents to do. The kids could be late for their classes after lunch. It was really fun. He chose the Pizza Hut buffet, of course. And we had a great time talking and being together...with his two wee sisters along for the fun. I thought I snagged a picture of him, but maybe not. I couldn't find any....maybe I didn't want to embarrass him, taking pictures of him in Pizza Hut! 

Then I was reading a blog the other day, 71 Toes and read an entry about how she likes to take her kids out for long lunches individually so she can spend more one on one time with them. 

Brilliant! Why didn't I think of doing this with the other kids? 

So, a couple weeks ago, I took Sam out of school and he chose Pizza Hut, too.



We had a great time chatting and and laughing and eating pizza. It's amazing how much Sam can put away!

As you can see, they are really excited to get their picture taken. 

Next, it was Emmett's turn. Surprisingly, he chose Lefty's Hideout for lunch...



Apparently, he passes it everyday on the school bus, so he wanted to go. We tried their buffet which was pretty good. Emmett really liked the taquitos. 


We had to throw some coins in the little fish pond, right? And while it may be a little fish pond, those fish are really fat. What are they feeding them?

This was super fun and I hope I'll be able to continue the tradition. I probably won't be able to take them all out every month, but a few times every school year would be fun. It's nice to have some easy time with them, without the whole crew around needing my attention. 



No comments:

Post a Comment